[SATLUG] Re: SATLUG Digest, Vol 55, Issue 1

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Aug 3 01:31:10 CDT 2008

On 8/2/08, Thomas Cameron wrote:

>  As a Treo 650 and now a Treo 755p user, they damned well *better* do
>  better with their next on.  The Palm OS on the 755p is sloooow and
>  quirky.

They've already decided to kill the 755p.  You can't buy them any
more and they will be end-of-service very soon.  They want to kill
anything that runs the PalmOS, apparently.

>  I am *so* itching to get an iPhone now that it groks Cisco VPN.  I don't
>  give a hoot for the music playing capabilities, but the faux GPS and
>  mapping and web stuff is pretty awesome.

The older iPhone should be fairly available now, with many people
upgrading from the old ones to the new ones.  Most of what you want
seems to be in the OS and not the hardware, so the older model should
be fine.

Besides, the older model doesn't have the problems with battery life,
frequently locking up or being slow, etc....