[SATLUG] Ubuntu Auto Update Puzzle

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Sun Aug 3 14:43:45 CDT 2008

I just clicked the Update notice flag and looked at the 12 updates and
clicked install, an error occurred getting 404 on a pair of items so the
system asked if it should proceed. I said no since I couldn't figure out
if it would just skip the 2 items or if it would do ????

I then unchecked the 2 items and it sucessfully installed the 10. So I
reopened the manager and tried the 2 and this time it reported the error
in connecting to the repository but did not offer to proceed. This gives
a clue to my above question that implies it is safe to allow a multiple
update to proceed.

I can't figure out how to google this question so hoping one of you
Ubuntu/Debian/Gnome users can agree that it is safe to trust the
installer and proceed
thanks
herb