[SATLUG] tamu.edu

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Aug 4 12:34:50 CDT 2008

skolars wrote:

> You are welcome to use the time servers at SAC.  See my web page for the
> info: http://cis.sac.accd.edu/~skolars

The odd thing about them is that I'm seeing ~100ms latencies getting to them
from UT Austin, when I'm seeing ~5ms getting to any other time server in
Texas that I configure (and which is working).  I'm also seeing ~40ms offset
with them compared to anything else I sync to.

I'm seeing ~50ms getting to time servers that I know sit in California, like
the ones that we operated internally at ntp.org, or the ones operated by the
ISC.

Do you have any idea why there might be such excessive amounts of latency or
offset?