[SATLUG] investigating a UTSA install fest

Elliot Carte mecarte at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 03:50:11 CDT 2008

Would this event be open to (new) SATLUG members who are not affiliated with
UTSA?

Also, would any of you fine Linux enthusiasts be willing to help me figure
out why my new 64bit Hardy Herron (ubuntu) install doesn't like my built-in
wireless (stupid broadcom)? I've had trouble with broadcom cards before.
Would it kill them to suppy a Linux driver? Anyway, I'd be willing of course
to drive to... wherever (within Santonioland). I'd even buy the beer (or
coffee, whatever) if someone would help. It's in a new HP Pavilion lappy. I
love my new computer, but using the dozer (That's what I call windoze.) is
KILLing me, but I need wireless.

Lastly, can anyone tell me why in the world the last ubuntu release wasn't
called gnarly gnu?

Thanks all,
-elliot