[SATLUG] investigating a UTSA install fest

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Wed Aug 6 09:18:21 CDT 2008

         Yes

>my new 64bit Hardy Herron (ubuntu) install doesn't like my built-in
>wireless (stupid broadcom)? I've had trouble with broadcom cards
>before.<<snip>> It's in a new HP Pavilion

     What Broadcom chip does it use  ( ls pci = ____) ?

Satlug archives are a good source of information, take a look at Benjamin
Temple's  post  "Success with wifi" on 7/27/08 @ 20:44 , this may or may
not help you.  There have been several wifi issues with Ubuntu 64bit,
whereas (IMHO) the 32bit has been easier to tame.  I don't use _buntu
therefore this is my casual observation.

Lou