[SATLUG] investigating a UTSA install fest

Elliot Carte mecarte at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:49:52 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Todd W. Bucy <toddwbucy at grandecom.net>wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 10:18 -0400, scs at worldlinkisp.com wrote:

Thanks so much for the tips. I'll read the ubuntu forums and SATLUG archives
as suggested. As for staying away from 64 bit ubuntu... I dunno, man. I
already have this new laptop with an AMD Turion X2 64bit processor. Why
would I want to underutilize my hardware? Will 32 bit ubuntu even run on a
64 bit processor? Lastly, if it doesn't work I'd rather help figure out how
to make it work (better) than to just give up and say "oh well, 32 bit is
good enough".
Thanks again for the tips,
-elliot