[SATLUG] investigating a UTSA install fest

John Kirby johnrkirby at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:57:59 CDT 2008

> Also, would any of you fine Linux enthusiasts be willing to help me figure
> out why my new 64bit Hardy Herron (ubuntu) install doesn't like my built-in
> wireless (stupid broadcom)?

I had issues with a Broadcom card in my Dell Vostro running Hardy.

Is your laptop picking up wireless at all, or is it just not connecting to a
secured wifi? If you're just not connecting to any wireless, getting rid of
Network Manager and installing WICD might be your best option. If it's an
issue with WPA2, then maybe downgrading your home router's security to WEP
and not broadcasting the SSID could be an option for you.

Just suggestions, take with the appropriate grain of salt.