[SATLUG] investigating a UTSA install fest

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Wed Aug 6 14:08:45 CDT 2008

Elliot Carte wrote:
> Would this event be open to (new) SATLUG members who are not affiliated with
> UTSA?
>
> Also, would any of you fine Linux enthusiasts be willing to help me figure
> out why my new 64bit Hardy Herron (ubuntu) install doesn't like my built-in
> wireless (stupid broadcom)? I've had trouble with broadcom cards before.
> Would it kill them to suppy a Linux driver? Anyway, I'd be willing of course
> to drive to... wherever (within Santonioland). I'd even buy the beer (or
> coffee, whatever) if someone would help. It's in a new HP Pavilion lappy. I
> love my new computer, but using the dozer (That's what I call windoze.) is
> KILLing me, but I need wireless.
>
> Lastly, can anyone tell me why in the world the last ubuntu release wasn't
> called gnarly gnu?
>
> Thanks all,
> -elliot

Elliot,

You know with the price of beer and gas, you might actually save
yourself money and time if you just buy an intel wireless card off of
ebay for less $20 http://tiny.cc/yIBob
I am going to be buying a laptop soon too and I will probably have to do
the same, it sucks but you got to do what you got to do.

Sam