[SATLUG] Ubuntu Auto Update Puzzle

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Aug 7 13:24:42 CDT 2008

Thanks Ed didn't even think of that. The next  update request
sucessfully installed those two failed DL URLs but if I had said yes
then the Mgr would have excluded those and updated the rest of the
group. So choosing yes in the dialog "Proceed Anyway" box is safe to do.
Least my reasoning is I am already trusting the Mgr so extend the basic
trust.

Not to beat a dead horse but this did cause me to think a bit deeper
into the role that the Linux Distributor plays to insure the program
package gets fitted with the right hooks into the Linux Kernal and I
suppose also into X for the chosen GUI and/or Command Interpreter  so
the function of the team is to keep the as built production control intact
herb