[SATLUG] Re: Puppy Linux Fan

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Sat Aug 9 21:34:21 CDT 2008

Puppy was fun and I really hope to get back to play more inside the GUI.
I bought the latest version CD several weeks ago but.... got bogged down.

I view Puppy as very older windows familiar and I loved the wide range
of utilities. I was very impressed with the quality. I think stuff like
the preferred Calculator in Puppy being way more functional than the one
installed in Ubuntu 8.04 and I want to replace it when I have time to
play. But this is from just me playing around and just in my 2nd yr of
using Linux instead of Win-ME. ME still boots on my extra box that is
off except for period backups of the other 2 boxes. Only the main
server/biggest hottest work-station runs 24/7. The main and 2nd boxes
both have a puppy file installed so one of these days I will pop the CD
in and play with my puppy.

I misplaced my folded pocket slide rule so I have to rely on popping up
a good pocket calculator that has the tables I want to figure out all my
stuff... like normal moon lag, hmmmmmm anyway I like it but poopoo my
own reasons, except that I think it would be a really cool workstation
for us tinkers to have on the workbench where we build all the next
levels of everything, right? ...lol.
herb