[SATLUG] Re: [XCSSA] What do you know about Acer Laptops?

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 22:16:54 CDT 2008

> | -No M$ tax(!)
> Theoretically, I should be able to call acer and get that money back.
> Revoke the license and all that. It works with dell. But, in this case.
> It appears that I'd be paying a linux tax, as it'd cost me $300 more to
> get a similar laptop. Just noticing...

Speaking of...how exactly does this work with Dell?  I've been pondering
ordering one of those new studio hybrid PCs as a toy (since my modification
of the SLUG for a web server was fun), but they keep telling me that there
is no way to order it with no OS or with Ubuntu on it.  My plan was to order
it as is, then reject the EULA and call for a refund on the OS.  I'm not
sure if that's the proper way to go about it.  I even told the rep that I
would pay a little more if it came with Ubuntu just to make sure M$ didn't
get the cash.  Has anyone done this successfully?  If so, can you tell me
how you did it?

Thanks,

Ernest de Leon
http://www.smbtechadvice.com