[SATLUG] Re: [XCSSA] What do you know about Acer Laptops?

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sun Aug 10 23:30:57 CDT 2008

On Sunday 10 August 2008 09:40:54 pm David Kowis wrote:
[...]
> This just needs to work. Cheap > fancy in this case. I think it's a
> broadcom one in the acer in the store. I should bring in a live cd and
> boot it to see what it's got on it ;)
> I bet that'd freak out the office depot guys. Get an lspci onto a
> thumbdrive and then take it home and verify interoperability of the
> stuff. I think that's what I'm gonna do.

Actually.. that's exactly what I did the last time I bought a laptop from a
big box store.  Just make sure that your live distro has useful tools like
lshw or lspci/lsusb so that you can look at exact hardware specs (to the
chipset and firmware level).  Something sales folks now days just can't do.

Tweeks