[SATLUG] Re: Puppy Linux Fan

Enrique Sanchez Vela esanchezvela at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 07:00:14 CDT 2008

--- On Sun, 8/10/08, Dennis Myhand <dmyhand at suddenlink.net> wrote:

> From: Dennis Myhand <dmyhand at suddenlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Re: Puppy Linux Fan
> Date: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 12:56 AM
> Jim Wells wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Dennis Myhand
> <dmyhand at suddenlink.net> wrote:
> >> Do any of you guys know a simple way to install
> puppy onto a hard drive?
> >>  Whenever I try, in accordance with the
> instructions, it fails at the
> >> partitioning.  Thanks, Dennis
> >> --
> >
> > Dennis,
> >
> > 1. ) Are you doing a frugal install or a FULL install?
> > 2. ) Exactly how is it failing at the partitioning?
> > 3. ) Have you tried partitioning it with the gparted
> that's in Puppy
> > or did you use the Gparted Live CD or another live CD?
> >
> > Jim
>
> 1.  I have tried both.
>
> 2.  It throws up an error message saying it cannot proceed
> after about
> three minutes.
>
> 3.  All of the above.

Dennis,

I just reinstalled my old PC and had similar problems, thou I was trying to install Ubuntu I had been messing with LVM on the prior install and it gave a few problems repartitioning the drive. to remedy that, I selected one of the options where the installer wanted to make a single partition install (whole drive), after I chose that and wrote the partition changes to disk, I was able to repartition the disk at will.

best regards,
esv.

http://boliviabook.com/