[SATLUG] Ubuntu live 8.04 wants password?!?

Richard Suberg rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 22:59:10 CDT 2008

Trying to boot a W2K domain controller in Ubuntu 8.04 to dd the hd so some
work can be done.  However, it asks for a username and password, but this
same cd would boot a regular system without a password.  I tried using some
logins that exist on the domain, and it won't let me in.  Going to screen
one just shows a bunch of "User not known to underlying authentication
module" (or something similar, it was late).  Anyone have any ideas what
kind of password or username it would want?  I even tried ubuntu with no
password, with no success.

Thanks.

Richard