[SATLUG] Cheap upgrade

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Aug 12 21:02:49 CDT 2008

> I got so PO'd at my old systems with RAMBUS that I threw 'em in the
> recycle bin ages ago.
>
> Better use of your time to go to Fry's and pick up a mobo/proc combo for
> cheap and but a gig of memory for $30 to go with it.

dosent that miss some of the point though.  Forgive me if I am wrong but
isn't there some value (if only recreational) in keeping your old
hardware up and running as long as possible?  This may not be true in
Geoff's case but it certainly is with me, and its one of the reasons why
I love Linux, it extends the life of two of my p4 boards which are
incapable of running M$ vista satisfactorly.

Todd