[SATLUG] Music media - CDs

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Tue Aug 12 23:03:48 CDT 2008

I don't believe it's a flaw in XP.  It looks more like Konqueror is
showing some audio track access/ripping shortcuts for you without
actually having to run some sort of file conversion first.  In fact, it
sounds like the total size of all the files listed might actually take
up more room than you would have available on the disc!

For example, I suspect that copying the .ogg files to your hard-drive
would just run the file conversion/compression routine to do the copying
& conversion for you in one step (without opening a separate audio
conversion program to do that for you).

Al Lesmerises