[SATLUG] Music media - CDs

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:22:32 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 06:14:28 Michael wrote:
> Alan Lesmerises wrote:
>
>  > <snipped>
>  > For example, I suspect that copying the .ogg files to your hard-drive
> would just run
>  > the file conversion/compression routine to do the copying &
> conversion for you in
>  > one step (without opening a separate audio conversion program to do
> that for you).
>  >
>  > Al Lesmerises
>

> Ahh, yes.  This makes sense.  Thanks for the input.

Yes, that is correct. That's a cool konqueror extension for simplifying audio ripping... it makes use of online cddb for getting track and album names. Depending on which audio packages are installed, it makes it easy to rip to .wav(uncompressed), .mp3, .ogg, .cda(original tracks), etc. You can also rip the entire CD as one long track if you want. There are options for ripping tracks with their full names or rip them named like 'track01.wav' if preferred.