[SATLUG] Firewall Question

Walt DuBose dubose at texas.net
Thu Aug 14 12:15:16 CDT 2008

David, the IT person at our church wants to replace our church's current
network firewall with a Linux box running a firewall application.  His
original thought was to run one using Coyote Linux as the distro.  Since
this would be a dedicated computer, I suggested that he might consider

What I don't know is should he load Ubuntu desktop or server distro (or
would another distro be better) and then what would be a good
firewall...one that works well and is simple to administer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Walt