[SATLUG] Firewall Question

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Fri Aug 15 22:27:25 CDT 2008

On Friday 15 August 2008 02:06:13 am tsuehpsyde wrote:
> Devil Linux in a church. Somehow, I don't think that'll fly. ;)

Heh.. never thought of it.. :)  They'll never know if it is run headless.. ;)

But if it's still a problem, you would use the same firewall scripts and
install Jesux:
	http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Node/4081/
	"The distribution that will not lead you into temptation"

Some of Jesux's more popular features:
	# Optionally disable logins on Sunday, the day of rest
	# bash(1) is default
	    * the "Bourne-Again" shell is already the default; but we like the
		shell, and we love the name :)

	# chmod(1) accepts hexadecimal modes, such as 0x01B6
	# qmail replaces sendmail as the standard MTA (sendmail was written by a
	  prominent homosexual)
	# Hierarchical user structure, so parents and teachers can easily access
	  children's files without needing to become root
	# No encryption provided; Christians have nothing to hide
	# No cracking utilities provided; SAINT can be acquired from us later,
	  after the user has proven his worth

	Also, we are seriously considering changing some fundamental OS features.
	The idea would be that function calls and features suggesting evil and
	otherwise pagan ideas would be changed.
	    * abort(3)
	    * kill(1)
	    * references to "daemon"