[SATLUG] Ubuntu live 8.04 wants password?!?

Richard Suberg rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Sat Aug 16 21:27:13 CDT 2008

Thanks to all that had ideas/suggestions, but since this was a production
machine, it had to wait until the weekend to be tried again.  Since I tried
it in another machine with the same drive, it didn't ask for a p/w this
time.  Was allowed right in to Gnome (I think) and then to a terminal to use
dd.  Copied partition just great, but the drive wouldn't boot.  Forgot to do
the MBR (doh!!).  Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and will keep them in
mind if the situation comes up again.

Richard