[SATLUG] Networking:Hardy and Novatel 727 USB card, John, Geoff

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Mon Aug 18 04:21:19 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 23:19, Cheryl Holmes <cherylholmes72 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you John...but I don't know how to do those things.  And I have to do
> it for both the modem and the SD card?

In a GUI, right click on the device in the explorer of choice (Konq, Naut,
etc) and "Eject".  Otherwise, in a console: `sudo eject /dev/sr1`.  I add
the "Mounted Drives" widget to the taskbar (both GNOME and KDE have
equivilent widgets) which makes it easy to see what drives are mounted and
eject as appropriate.  Helps with flash drives too...

HTH,
jp