[SATLUG] .Networking:Hardy and Novatel 727 USB

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 14:14:35 CDT 2008

Just thought I'd let you know  there is absolutely no way for this modem to
work under anything except for a Win O/S.  Have tried everything, nothing
works.  It also has to be initialized in a Win O/S.  Intrepid does support
it, but isn't out for a couple more months yet.

So, I have to reinstall Win 98se on Mom's pc and she will have to use this
O/S until there is support for this modem available on Linux....it's the
only win O/S I have.

Don't get this modem from Verizon or Sprint unless you just love using
Windows..and like dealing with all the viruses youll get like I have to deal
with again on mom's pc....cheryl