[SATLUG] Novatel 727 USB

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Sat Aug 23 09:10:25 CDT 2008

>Cheryl wrote:
>I really need to get Mom's pc going asap and can't do it in Hardy since that
>Novatel USB modem has to be initialized by a Windows PC which neither of us
>have or have access too.

   Have you looked at  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=582397
  read the threads, then when on the 2nd post by " Jermski " clicked the
  Link to the Sprint pdf. that covers Linux setup ??

>I also need to know how to increase my disk space (allotted) on my desktop
>to accept a file transfer this size. I don't have enough allocated for the
>desktop.

    Not sure what you have on your Desktop, but Gparted will do this.

>I'm such a newbie to Linux...and I just can't seem to learn it on my
>own...Maybe Linux is just too far over my head...it does seem one has
>to be an engineer to use it. I'm not one, and apparently not smart
>enough to figure any of it out on my own.

   Engineer, no way, the main factors are, determination, reading
  comprehension and practicing what you read as you go along.

  Helps if you have a desktop/laptop to practice on.

    Lou