[SATLUG] Re: Using Linux OS as an alternative

Zeb Fletcher zeb.fletcher at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 15:39:18 CDT 2008

Yes the device has to be activated on Windows! There is no getting around
that as of yet. The manual you linked to even says as much. The reasons is
when you first get your device you need to update the card with your account
information just like you would do with a cell phone except the phone has a
keypad to enter the information the aircards has software that only runs on
Windows to update them. This is all put out in the manual you linked from
Sprint on the 3rd page under requirement and limitaions...

Zeb