[SATLUG] Gparted and Increasing Disk Space (Cheryl)

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Sun Aug 24 12:36:01 CDT 2008

>>Cheryl wrote: I also need to know how to increase my disk space (allotted)
>>on my desktop to accept a file transfer this size.  I don't have enough
>>allocated for the desktop.

> JP wrote: Gpartd live CD ( http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php ),
> assuming that you have a working CD burner that you know how to use.

Caution:  Since you're a Novice, before changing existing partition size with
Gparted or anything else, I suggest you post (here) your present partion sizes
and content thereof (directories ~ file system).  Arbitrary changes could cause
you untold grief depending on what you have in the invidivual partions.

You can boot w/Gparted and look at your partitions (size ~ file type) as long
as you don't change anything and then APPLY the change.  Once you apply a
change, that's it, right, wrong, or whatever.

Lou