[SATLUG] Local Library's Linux server needs help

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 22:23:18 CDT 2008

Would they be ok using gmail/google apps?  Is the web part a web server, or
just access to the internet?  Is their network wired/wireless? Would a
WRT54G suffice for dns/dhcp/firewall/router?  I'm just trying to gauge the
need on their end to pair something usable with it.  If they have light
usage, it may be easier to transition them to free web based services
(google has a nice non-profit setup) and maybe a WRT54G (or something a
little more powerful if they need it.)  If their needs are heavier, then
perhaps a dedicated box with the services you mentioned might be better.  I
could probably donate an older dell P4 slim case desktop with maxed out ram
and a decent HDD if need be.  I also have a spare WRT54G lying around that
could go to the cause if needed.

Ernest