[SATLUG] Need more resolution choices

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 19:09:02 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 17:57 -0500, Andrew Pickens wrote:
> I'm using 32-bit Ubuntu 8.04.  I can change the resolution in System,
> Preferences, Screen Resolution, but only 800x600 and 640x480 are
> offered. Can someone tell me how to increase these resolution choices,
> please?

Sounds like your monitor wasn't detected properly. You'll need to figure
out the horizontal and vertical ranges of frequencies and add those to
your xorg.conf file. You'll also need to add your target resolutions
further down where all the other resolutions are listed. You could
probably find exact instructions somewhere on the ubuntu forums. This
question has been asked 1,000,000 + 1 times there. You might even find
the exact info for your monitor as well.

~Nate