[SATLUG] Re: culture question (Bruce Dubbs)

Jason Meridth jmeridth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 20:26:58 CDT 2008

Leading with this:  I was a jackass earlier and allowed my passion for my
"current" coding standards to allow me to perfectly emulate the
characteristics that Bruce mentioned (immature, arrogant, egotistical,
etc).

I apologize.

I normally would not apologize for my passion but after reading my own
personal.  I will give a person the benefit of the doubt that they were not
attacking me personally, especially over an emotionless medium such as
email.

Borries
1. You are correct about single vs. mutliple or even maintenance
programmers.  When you use words like, "may" and "but not necessarily", it
shows situational circumstance.  I agree completely.

David
1. I'm chilling  ;)
2. Agreed that a lazy programmer is a non-committed programmer.

Bruce
1. Your 2nd response was professional
2. Your 1st response used words like egotistical, and an implied assumption
that I thought I was a genius.  Those led me to taking it personal.  I
apologize.
3. You sound like you've done your research and I'd actually like to read
your thesis.  Google has proved unfriendly to me.  Can you send me in the
right direction.
4. I want to avoid a flame war.

Alan
1. I understand your approach
2. I don't want a flame war.

I would love to contribute to this group and maybe, with help from the "grey
beards" learn a few things and maybe teach a few?

I learn from my mistakes and this one will be immortalized in the SATLUG
archives.
--
---
Jason Meridth