[SATLUG] Help w/GParted Live

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Fri Aug 29 19:40:55 CDT 2008

>> I need to use a GParted live CD to recover a system at my office.  I
>> burned the ISO image and, since I've never used it before, tried to test
>> it out on one of my older home PCs.  When it tries to start the GUI, the
>> screen is all scrambled, and I can't make out anything.
> When Gparted finishes loading a selection screen should appear, select
> " VESA " and you should get a GUI.
> The " G " in Gparted is for Gnome.
> Lou
Earlier (above) post was for 0.3.4.7,  you probably have  0.3.7.7 so let
me try again based on  Gparted 0.3.7.7

After selecting " don't touch keyboard, select video mode will appear

Select: Mode " 0 " you should see your detected/suggested  resolutions
if you agree hit enter.

If GUI fails to run, enter " sudo forcevideo "

Answer NO to auto detect and choose either 1024x768 or 800x600 and
then RUN startx.

Lou