[SATLUG] fyu..stay away from verizon wireless unless you have a win pc

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 22:20:40 CDT 2008

If you are looking for a good data card, I can attest personally that
the Sprint Sierra aircard 595U is supported in Linux quite well.  I
use it in my Artigo when I travel and in my laptop when I'm not near
WiFi.

It shows up as three serial ports under most *nix, but the one you
want will be /dev/ttyUSB0.

When I set it up, my first attempt was on a linux box and it was quite
trivial to set up the PPP dialer (in this case it was KPPP on Ubuntu
Gutsy) and click Connect and that was all there was to it.

I didn't have to connect anything to a windows box, it was already good to go.

FIRESTORM_v1