[SATLUG] stay away from verizon wireless unless you have a win pc

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 08:04:12 CDT 2008

Thank you Firestorm, but we're never going to attempt this high speed thing
again on her PC because of the horrible experience I had trying to get this
one to work...

Actually, Hardy *DETECTED* the modem perfectly
 on the* exact* same port as you mentioned so I didn't have to *unmount* and
*remount* it.

The install was really very very easy.  I made way too much work of it, like
I always do with anything new!  But you absolutely have to initialize them
on Win PC's...that's the 1 thing that gets us no matter who we go with.  We
just don't have access to *AN*Y win PC.

The only problem is they all have to be* initialed on a Windows PC...not
activated,initialized* in order to connect to the net.  We don't have access
to any Windows PC and ISP's don't support Linux.

I have to say tho, I was very impressed with how easy the actual install
was.  And, the install CD from Verizon ran just fine too...maybe because I
have WINE installed.

Too bad...ISP's refuse to support Linux.

Thank you again! cheryl