[SATLUG] stay away from verizon wireless unless you have a win pc

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Sat Aug 30 18:00:18 CDT 2008

To be clear, only the initial activation requires Windows.  After the
initial activation, nearly any EVDO/HSPDA card will work in Linux.  There
are some resellers that sell pre-activated cards, and some corporate stores
can assist with the initial activation to avoid the need for Windows.

Unfortunately,  >90% of the customers are Windows, and as a result, even Mac
users are hit or miss.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience, but the small inconvenience for
initial activation on Windows is worth it to have Internet nearly
everywhere.

jp