[SATLUG] Need more resolution choices

Andrew Pickens wg5o at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 31 19:55:31 CDT 2008

Well, I don't know. It looked about the same, and w/o a mouse, I
couldn't get to the Screen Resolution function. When I recovered, I had
the same old xorg.conf.

Maybe I can get it all back and then use the X Configuration Utility to
get the mouse right. I've been wanting to comment on that. I learned to
open it with "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg," but it doesn't doesn't
give me a chance to do any thing with resolution. (John Choate suggested
trying it, but I got all wrapped up in the various approaches and never
responded.) I did try both choices offered when you choose between
kernel"framebuffer" and device "interface." No difference.

Andy