[SATLUG] Need more resolution choices

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sun Aug 31 22:22:29 CDT 2008

Andy,

if you use the framebuffer option in lilo (vga=xxx) then you should get
a graphical boot up window at the final resolution - this is before you
even get into X and use the mouse. Byt the size of the text you should be
able to tell that you are in graphics framebuffer mode. By changing the
number vga=xxx you can change resolution. Keep trying different settings,
and don't forget to run lilo or grub after making changes and before
rebooting. FInd a resolution that you like. Then you should be able to
use the framebuffer driver from X to just the native screen resolution
to get X to work.

Of course, your kernel needs to have framebuffer support compiled in.

-Borries