[SATLUG] Lou, THSNK you too! Verizon modem issues

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 23:40:06 CDT 2008

Configured with user ID and password for her dialup...
DONE!!  Set it all in Gnome PPP...

   I>ncidentally, there's a user reviews of the TFM-560X  on Newegg.com,
   >they say it works fine with Hardy 8.04

Thank you, I'll read them...it has been an EXCELLENT dialup modem!  Smooth
hookup and install with Hardy too!

>>Are there any AT modem commands you can recommend that might make it
>>connect quicker to websites maybe?

 >Connection speed is controlled by line conditions and ISP dial-up HW/SW.
Lou

Thank you Lou!  cheryl

Cheryl you've been quiet for a couple of days, did you get the modem working
and tested with your Mom's phone number as I suggested ?

Lou

I'm fine Lou and got this all done now...Thank God!

I do want to attempt high speed for her again in a few months tho...maybe
after Intrepid Oct 30th. and maybe after I first check on a service who WILL
help me if I run into problems next time.  Need to do research on that.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CHECKING IN ON ME...I REALLY appreciate those of you
who "rescued me"...cheryl :o)