[SATLUG] OT: Looking for someone to ID a cisco cable

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 18:31:37 CST 2008

I greatly appreciate the offer but I live in Houston now and
unfortunately won't be in the San Antonio area for quite a while. :(

If I gave you some money (either check or paypal) could I persuade you
to ship me one?  Ask Tweeks for a reference if you're leary.

Thank you.

I went to both Fry's and the local Goodwill computerworks and ended up
getting nothing but a blank stare.  At Fry's which was previously a
haven for the geekly minded,  a small bit of me died on the inside
when their most senior manager (in his late 40's) looked at me as if I
had just insulted his mother and asked if an AUI to Ethernet adapter
was some kind of wireless device.  He was trying to sell me a print
server.

I finally gave up and asked for someone Cisco certified. Another agent
from the games department finally told me that they used to stock them
but have not carried them in a while.

It looks like Dynamips might be my only choice, but without ethernet,
I'd have to learn to configure it through console to talk to the other
router (which is also a 16 port hub) which would then negate the point
of getting the AUI adapter. :P

Thanks so much for the info, leads and for telling me what I've got. :)

FIRESTORM_v1