[SATLUG] Day of Reckoning

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed Dec 10 22:12:27 CST 2008

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Andrew Pickens wrote:
>> Tax time is coming.  I have been using Ubuntu, and my Windows XP is
>> broken.  How do Linux users do their income tax?  Do I have to fix
>> Windows so I can run a tax program?
>
> Do you really need a tax program?  Are you filing a 1040EZ, 1040A, or
> 1040.  How many schedules.  I admit that my filings are not that
> complicated, but I can sit down with the instructions and have things
> done in a couple of hours.
>
>   -- Bruce
Andy, I no longer have to file being on SS & SSI but I went on line and
was able to prepare the simple form for the past rebate free. I just
filled out the questions and then printed the forms. I just googled
'Linux income tax' and there are tons of results
http://www.google.com/search?q=Linux+income+tax&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

I expect you can find what you need by refining the search.
herb