[SATLUG] Digital Cameras

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed Dec 10 23:50:43 CST 2008

Alan Lesmerises wrote:
> Does anyone know of a resource (web site, article, etc.) that might
> have an up-to-date list of digital cameras that are known to work well
> (or poorly) with Linux?  And if any of you have personal experiences
> you'd wish to relay, I'd like to hear those as well.
>
> I want to get my wife a digital camera for Christmas, but I know she
> will get frustrated with it if it isn't easy to use right out of the box.
>
> Al Lesmerises

Hey Al, I use a Vivitar and it uses a flash card so on insertion into
the USB reader Ubuntu automatically opens it with a default program. I
highly recommend getting one with removable memory rather than requiring
the Cam to be plugged to the box. I am delighted with my 2yr old
digi-cam used it in Windows before converting to Linux but for a small
device it was very complicated to set all the settings and learn what
all the tiny buttons do. However, once I got that done it is remembering
which buttons I always push to get it set for auto point and shoot.
herb