[SATLUG] Digital Cameras

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 11 01:12:35 CST 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:26:55 -0600, Alan Lesmerises
<alesmerises at satx.rr.com> wrote:

>I want to get my wife a digital camera for Christmas, but I know she
>will get frustrated with it if it isn't easy to use right out of the box.

At least two of us (in SATLUG) have the Canon PowerShot A520. USB
connection, standard SD card, works with regular Debian desktop software, no
hassles. It has a ton of program features I thought I would use, but so far
I seldom deviate from full auto mode.

I would spend some time thinking about how the camera is going to be used.
That once-in-a-lifetime trip up the Sepik River is a lot tougher on
electronics than an afternoon at Lost Maples. Megapixels may count far less
than battery life when you're far from Wal*Mart.  --Don

--
http://www.travelblog.org/Oceania/Papua-New-Guinea/blog-32736.html