[SATLUG] Digital Cameras

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:42:35 CST 2008

> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:26:55 -0600
> From: Alan Lesmerises <alesmerises at satx.rr.com>
> Subject: [SATLUG] Digital Cameras
> To: SATLUG Mail Group <satlug at satlug.org>
>
> Does anyone know of a resource (web site, article, etc.) that might have
> an up-to-date list of digital cameras that are known to work well (or
> poorly) with Linux?  And if any of you have personal experiences you'd
> wish to relay, I'd like to hear those as well.
>
> I want to get my wife a digital camera for Christmas, but I know she
> will get frustrated with it if it isn't easy to use right out of the box.
>
> Al Lesmerises

My wife has the Olympus Stylus 1010, and it works
fine with the Linux version of Picasa and also as a regular
USB storage device (Ubuntu IDs is as sdb).  In fact,
my own limited experience with digital cameras has been
always successful when using them as just USB devices;
then using builtin Linux (or WinXP) tools to access the JPGs.

BTW, we have been very happy with the quality and features
of this small camera.

Good luck,  Howard
--
Howard Haradon