[SATLUG] virtual box

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:26:39 CST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:
> Alex,
>
> thanks for bringing this to my attention, I had never heard of it.
> This looks indeed like the solution I have been looking for. If it
> works as well as VMWare, I am sure I'll be replacing my VMWare stuff
> and start using VirtualBox.

There is also a trick with VMPlayer that uses an empty disk image file
and setting ide0 to an ISO image. This tricks the VMPlayer into
booting the ISO image, which then lets you install whatever operating
system you want inside the empty disk image.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility