[SATLUG] Day of Reckoning

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Dec 11 13:30:47 CST 2008

Andy I second the "CPA" suggestions.  They aren't cheap, but they know all the latest IRS rules and  possibilities (for you), and in the long run will save you money.  Be sure to be prepared and have ALL your individual data with you.

An alternative, is to ask and get answers to all your questions and then prepare your return. Before visiting a CPA, have all you questions written down, two copies, one for the CPA and one for you to write down their answers.

Both Tax Cut and Turbo Tax are easy to use, and as mentioned will run with Linux.

Agree with Borries about not having my data on-line, in fact when doing my tax return I have the  desktop DISCONNECTED from the net, and in-fact have a separate HD used only for taxes.  Not paranoid, just hard nose security minded.

Lou