[SATLUG] virtual box

gboswell gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu
Thu Dec 11 14:10:35 CST 2008

Jeremy Mann wrote:
> There is also a trick with VMPlayer that uses an empty disk image file
> and setting ide0 to an ISO image. This tricks the VMPlayer into
> booting the ISO image, which then lets you install whatever operating
> system you want inside the empty disk image.

Jeremy, is there an article or more complete description of how
to do this. I have students who really dislike, justifiable, VPC but
need a virtual environment {Linux or XP}. I have used Virtual Box
on the Mac with great success but would like to be able to offer
an alternative free option.

Boz

Glenn Boswell "Boz"      gboswell at mail.accd.edu
gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu {class related}
San Antonio College  Dept. CIS (210)-733-2866

Freedom is not Free, let us not Forget!

"We make a living by what we Get.
 We make a LIFE by what we GIVE." Sir Winston Churchill