[SATLUG] Digital Cameras

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Thu Dec 11 22:41:49 CST 2008

Thanks for reminding me to check what kind of battery they use -- I HATE
having devices (like electronics) with peculiar components that will
wear out or otherwise need replacement every few years, and you're
forced to back to the factory or a specialty supplier to get a new one.
And then, after a couple of years, you can't get the replacement part
any more and have to replace the entire device just because you can't
get a new battery or something!

I also know what you mean about good/bad photographers with bad/good
cameras.  I've been into photography for more than 30 years and have
some friends that have been doing it professionally for almost as long.
I've had some pretty good equipment in that time, but it's definitely
useless unless you know how to use it.  Now, it's a question of what to
get my wife that will take good pictures, won't be too complicated to
use, and won't sour her on actually using the technology before she has
a chance to become at least mildly proficient at it.

Al Lesmerises