[SATLUG] All the more reason to use Linux

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:42:38 CST 2008

twistedpickles wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Michael <mmorse757 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Strange that I find this link from the BBC news website.  Nothing on my
>> Fox or CNN RSS feeds.  Microsoft doesn't own Fox or CNN does it?
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7784908.st
> Linux doesn't have any flaws? WOW! ;-)

We all know that Linux has /some/ flaws, but I've been able to navigate
several sites with impunity under Ubuntu/Firefox that would give
Windoze/Idiot Exploder at least severe heartburn if not terminal cancer.

There are still some Java exploits out there (BlackBox, VerifierBug)
that can hit a Linux machine, but a regularly updated Linux version of
AVG_Free anti-virus readily cures those for me.

Cheers;
Ed