[SATLUG] Jan. Presentation

michael michael at michaelrice.org
Tue Dec 16 13:59:09 CST 2008

I should only need a projector, a monitor, and a power strip. I will be
bringing my pbx from home (a small compaq desktop), and I will also be
bringing a few phones with me (aastra 55i, aastra 9133, and a snom 320),
and if I can I will also bring one of our linksys ata devices.  If there
is a switch (small one 5 or 8 ports is plenty) that would be good so
that we can plug the phones in with out running cat 5 cords from all
over the room. The phones support DHCP so will there be a DHCP server
that will give them an addy? If not I would like to know ahead of time
what network settings I need to use so the devices will be ready to use.

Im really looking forward to this. I really love Asterisk. We have been
using it at our office for almost 2 years. I gave a speech to an
Insurance group called the AAMGA last year but it was more of an
overview on voip than anything real specific on Asterisk (plus they were
mostly suits so no real technical stuff).