[SATLUG] Jan. Presentation: ASTERISK - Parking?

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Tue Dec 16 17:59:34 CST 2008

Marc Ripley wrote:

> Are there are other affordable hardware solutions beyond a
> reprogrammed (provisioned?) ATA?
>
> So many questions!!!
>
> How do I find parking at SAC?  $$$??

The Grandstream HandyTone 286 costs less than $30 and works fine with
asterisk.

http://www.grandstream.com/ata.html

All the trouble I had initially setting it up was because of firewalls
and sometimes the port settings that were set in the gui did not match
up with what was being sent.  So if you have any trouble make sure the
right ports are forwarded and get a packet sniffer going and make sure
the packets are being sent to the ports that the web gui says.  Once I
figured that out I have not had any problems.

Sam