[SATLUG] Re: Asterisk - Grandstream ATA - Jan Meeting.

Marc Ripley misteratomic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 14:23:13 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 8:22 PM,  <satlug-request at satlug.org> wrote:
> The Grandstream HandyTone 286 costs less than $30 and works fine with
> asterisk.

Oh, this is good.  I would gladly spend 30 bucks to get back the 4
hours I wasted trying to unlock and update the firmware of that
Sunrocket ATA.

Thanks for that tip Sam.

> http://www.grandstream.com/ata.html
>
> All the trouble I had initially setting it up was because of firewalls
> and sometimes the port settings that were set in the gui did not match
> up with what was being sent.  So if you have any trouble make sure the
> right ports are forwarded and get a packet sniffer going and make sure
> the packets are being sent to the ports that the web gui says.  Once I
> figured that out I have not had any problems.
>
> Sam

I'll keep that in mind when I start on the asterisk journey.
Sounds like this mail list will be helpful when the need arrives!

Marc