[SATLUG] Flash issues...

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Sun Dec 21 00:34:10 CST 2008

ed wrote:
> Help, anyone?
>
> After the latest and greatest updates to Ubuntu (Thurs and Fri), I
> cannot seen to get flash streaming video to work in any browser on my
> system.  Its like I have a rogue Flash-Block installed (which I
> don't...) and running wild.  No problems, however, playing Flash
> videos I've snagged from the web - just they no longer play in my
> browsers (FF, SwiftWeasel, Opera or Galeon).  Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers;
> Ed

Ed Doubt this will help, I don't use the embedded video much but was
getting 'plug-in required' for Flash related URLs and I kept asking for
it to be installed but didn't help till I hit a URL calling for it and
that one worked. The plug that got installed was 'Shockwave Flash
9.0r124' but I still now and then get a page with overwritten text and
similar display errors and referring to FF.Tools/Error  Console I find
the error listed to be caused by a URL that I don't recognize so I
assume its an ad link or some such. might check it out and block that
link. I didn't try.
herb