[SATLUG] Flash issues...

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Sun Dec 21 13:02:57 CST 2008

ed wrote:
> Hello Lou...
>
> scs at worldlinkisp.com wrote:
>>> After the latest and greatest updates to Ubuntu (Thurs and Fri), I
>>> cannot seen to get flash streaming video to work in any browser on
>>> my system.  Its like I have a rogue Flash-Block installed (which I
>>> don't...) and running wild.  No problems, however, playing Flash
>>> videos I've snagged from the web - just they no longer play in my
>>> browsers (FF, SwiftWeasel, Opera or Galeon).  Any suggestions would
>>> be greatly appreciated.
I had this issue a couple of weeks ago. after another update.  I simply
uninstalled FF and the flash plugin and then reinstalled.  Worked for
me.  That said I am using 8.04 lts rather then 8.10.  It has been my
recent experience that 8.10 is not nearly as stable as previous some of
Ubuntu's other 6 month releases.

Todd